Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Silver Alert

For some reason, I am highly amused whenever I see illuminated "Silver Alert" signs on highways.

Whenever I see a Silver Alert posting, I just imagine an elderly person who has suddenly gotten out of his cognitive debilitated state and realized, "Fuck! There's a whole world out there to explore." I imagine the person walking jauntily to his car (most likely a mid90s Honda Accord with barely any miles on it), starting the car engine, and quickly zigzagging down a curvy highway.

Maybe all of the Silver Alert individuals reach a point when they just need to escape-- escape the monotonous flowery wall coverings and superficial kindness at nursing homes---  and they're off at some secret location, having mint juleps and Tom Collins drinks and watching reruns of Green Acres....

No comments: