Thursday, September 12, 2013

Doodles

I was at a team meeting today (since it is the first one of the year, we discussed students' various home life issues----who DOESN'T have divorced parents in this day and age?) and needed a sheet of paper to jot something down. There was a freshly discarded sheet of paper lying diagonally at the top of the recycling bin. I grabbed it, jot down my notes, and didn't bother to look on the other side of the paper.

Once I went back to my classroom, I, out of curiosity, turned the paper over. There was hearts quickly doodled in purple ink. There was also a name written repeatedly with the first name's first letter, followed by a period and a last name. This is the kind of thing I recall doing in middle school, so I relate. I wrote "Mrs. Michelle Price" over and over. I had had a crush on Jesse since about third grade. By middle school, my crush on him had lasted longer than some of my current friends' relationships with adults.

The doodles that I found today did not strike me as odd. I work at a middle school and can understand the whimsical, romantic visions that come into young girls' minds.

This paper was exceptional though.

It was written by my co-worker!!

I know it is totally a female thing to write your name, either with a signature that includes an intended male partner's last name replacing your own or simply just your own signature. I know I had signed my name repeatedly "for fun" within the past few years.

I am not dumb enough to leave the paper freely accessible at my job.

Hilarious,


No comments: