Thursday, October 18, 2007

Gyno Talk

John makes fun of me for going to Planned Parenthood. I guess the "gist" of it is that he thinks that at my age I should go to a real gynocologist of my own. I did try that a few years ago, in fact. The lady made feel comfortable and at her office I got the "luxury" of a robe-like piece of clothing instead of a HUGE paper towel/loincloth. Also, the office was painted nicely and felt overly cozy.

Then the doctor changed the insurance she accepted; mine was no longer accepted.

So back to Planned Parenthood.

I really have no "issue" with going there. And I feel comfortable asking questions because I know the doctors and nurses there have heard everything. They should really collaborate and write some amusing memoir; something with a title like Pap Talk.

Anyway, so I just got off the phone with Planned Parenthood...have to schedule my annual. It's so annoying and I hate it, but it's only once a year so I guess it's not too bad. And of course I hate it---who would like it?

But the receptionist made me laugh. After scheduling my appointment, she said, "Ok, we'll see you then. And nothing in your vagina for 24 hours."

Hilarious.

1 comment:

DrDana said...

That might be the single best nurse/receptionist comment ever made. You should submit it somewhere for some kind of award...