Sunday, May 13, 2012

Fat Bottomed Girls

I used to think that Queen's "Fat Bottomed Girls" was inappropriate. Over the years, I've grown to like the song and find it to be a lively celebration of...girth.

Honestly though, there are some of us who look good fat and some of us who desperately need to shed some pounds in order to keep our attractiveness intact. I had a friend in high school named Stephanie. She was heavy all of her life. Facebook photos show that she is still quite heavy today. She "carries it well" though. Her body curves in the right spots and her face features full lips and round cheeks. She looks good heavy. People like her are rarities, but some women can pull off being heavy. I don't condone heaviness, just because of health factors. For beauty factors though, some fat bottomed girls are beautiful.

Me, as a fat bottomed girl, is a definite no-no. When I gain weight, my already small eyes become smaller, surrounded by fat in my face. My breasts stay small, as my stomach increases in its protrusion. My hips have always been prominent, but when I gain weight, there are extra mounds of fat, indentations that go back and forth, giving my waist and hip area a rippled effect.

All of these thoughts came to mind because I was trying on dresses at the mall this afternoon. At this point in time, clothing fits me awkwardly. Due to my recent increased penchant for beer and junk food, I feel crummy. Today was my first day back at the gym in a week+. I didn't overly exert myself, but it was pleasant to be on the treadmill with just music, my thoughts, and my feet moving.

I aspire to be an average bottomed girl.

No comments: