Monday, May 28, 2012

Reunited

At karaoke tonight, while I was looking through the binder of songs, someone came over to me and uttered: "I think I know you from somewhere." I enjoy having this line said to me because, as experiences have shown me, I have a "familiar face." When I went to college for undergrad, I apparently had a close resemblance to someone named Debbie, who had graduated a few years ahead of me. On more than one occasion, people on campus would ask me if I was Debbie's sister or relative. 

The girl continued on and asked, "Did you go to Kinnelon High?...CSE?" Bam, apparently we went to the same college. It doesn't seem like a big deal but when your tiny college has a graduating class of 230 students, I guess it does seem to be a big deal. 

The whole situation was just odd because her face did not look familiar, yet she recognized me from across the room. She also said, "You wouldn't know me; we ran in different circles."  That comment made me laugh-- how can there be that many circles or cliques when you're dealing with 230 people? 

Honestly, it was just a self-indulgent moment; I don't desire to be recognized all the time. In fact, when I am at a mall or something and see students from a distance, I tend to immediately walk in the opposite direction. This was a nice moment though.... 

No comments: