Monday, May 07, 2007

"Going the Distance"

I feel like a giddy kid--- keeping track of how many days of the schoolyear are left. There's 42 total days... that includes weekends and all... only 32 "school days" left. I keep looking @ the end-of-year calender, taking note of all of the upcoming activities. Every minute counts!!

I want to make an oath to myself to make this summer one of the best ones (um, again, another thing a giddy kid would say: "This summer's going to rule, man!!"). Seriously though, each summer I work PART-PART-time at the library. In my mind, I always plan excursions, beach days, etc. Then none of those things happen. I have to stop being afraid...and stop being lazy too. Make time for mini-excursions, even if I am going alone. My big fear is going into the city alone. I'd love to go to the Guggenheim or MOMA or something...but have no idea how to go about it. All I know how to do is take the train to Penn Station...that's it. Have to learn more. And have to think positive... "Most" people on this earth are good. Why do I allow my mind to conjure up images of me getting robbed, mugged, etc? The media, argh...

Ok, pre-summer goal... same goal as past few months... I want to try to lose a few pounds...I know EVERYONE says that. My goal is NOT a bathing suit goal-- even if I was a "skinny mini" (the term my Grandma used to use in regard to my "skinny mini" sister), I'd be pretty covered up on the beach. Bathing suits freak me out...bikinis even moreso. It's like wearing a bra and underwear on the beach. Guess I wouldn't fare too well on one of those hip, nude European beaches. Oh well, Sleazside here I come instead:)

No-- my weight loss goal is simple. I want to get into those tacky, "shredded" denim shorts from 4 or 5 summers ago. I think they will be perfect for PNC tailgating excursions. To fit into them, hmm, it can't be that hard. In college, I went from 180 to 155... I'm 10 pounds past 155...but damn, those last 10 pounds are always the hardest....

Self-control, self-control, self-control....

1 comment:

Kat said...

Are you going to take summer classes? Try to enjoy the time off from work. Make yourself.