Sunday, October 16, 2011

Simpleton

It's so aggravating that the realization that I have no desire to own a house has arrived after we have moved into a house...

There's an end in sight...If we put the house on the market after July of 2012, we do not have to pay back the 8,000 dollar tax credit we got. July...somewhat of an end is in sight.

This morning, while putting dishes away in the kitchen, I recalled that I do actually own "china" and "nice" cutlery; it's all in boxes at the in-laws' house. I have no desire to actually display those pieces in my "china cabinet." The china cabinet currently houses a few wine glasses and...that's about it.

I think when I got married some people thought I would transform into domesticated Michelle--- hosting cookie swaps, serving meals on china, and so forth. I don't think everyone had that viewpoint but surely some people thought to themselves, "Yeah, she'll grow up a bit."

I don't think there is anything wrong with not having the desire to cook or bake...nothing wrong with not really caring about window "treatments"...nothing wrong with not wanting to have the house decorated based on seasonal or holiday themes.

I think back to October of 2008... I was certainly still "me," but I definitely altered part of myself, amidst the wedding planning hoopla. Back then, I had the bright blonde highlights and ultra tan skin. I looked like a Californian caricature of myself.

I'm glad to be back to me.

No comments: