Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Carb-alicious

Am amidst writing a research paper for class. I have spent tons of time reading articles and book excerpts. The reading and highlighting of main points was actually "fun." Now I'm onto writing the paper. It's horrible. It's been an hour and I've only written 1.5 paragraphs... and I've done my research already! All I have to do is put it into written form; that's "all."

When educational pursuits or assignments frustrate me, I usually give in to two options:

1] Cleaning/domesticity:
I detest domestic tasks but amidst [there that word is again, damn it!] writing papers, I sometimes have this urge to clean. Tonight I put a load of laundry into the washer. Granted, for most people laundry isn't seen as a huge task. However, when you have to lug it downstairs and walk to the washer/dryer facility in your apartment complex, laundry deserves to be called a moderate task, at least.

2] FOOD:
Stress, sadness, happiness, holidays, boredom, ---anything seems to be a good excuse to eat. Tonight I've gone carb crazy. Things started out peacefully. I had a veggie burger and a cauliflower/broccoli mix. Then the writer's block set in. Suddenly, the loaf of wheat bread was calling me... and the apples...and now the popcorn...now I have a craving for chocolate [not exactly carbs, just junk] and have contemplated walking to the gas station...because, hey, walking takes more time than driving and I could use some time wasters right now...

as my 1.5 paragraphs await my return...

No comments: