Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Ohio skies...

The past few days, the sky has reminded me of Ohio. Since I can remember, we (Mom, Amy, and I) would travel to Ohio for the Christmas break. This sucked during my high school years because I couldn't hang out with friends and when they asked, "Oh, where are you going over the break?," my reply was, "Um...Ohio." I like it there though...people talk slowly and there seems to be respect abound. My grandma lived in a suburb that had houses from the 50s---lots of brick houses...no McMansions....

One of my favorite parts of the Ohio holiday trip was the washed out skies. The sky in Ohio, during winter months, is always a white/grey hue; it basically looks like a "snow day" everyday.

Our Jersey skies have been Ohio-esque lately... but it's annoying. The thermometer still reads 60 degrees. I'd like a scattering of snow. I'd like to wear my goofy winter hat with ear flaps. And, like the rest of the world, I want to buy Ugg-esque boots...but I want to wait until the winter weather arrives.... When?

No comments: