Friday, November 24, 2006

Don't impose your religion on me....

especially at 10AM on the day after Thanksgiving.

I was up for awhile this morning, just going back and forth from being awake to being asleep. During one of the half wake/half asleep intervals, I heard our doorbell ring. Our doorbell makes this frightening buzzing noise, comparable to what you'd hear at Disneyworld's Haunted Mansion. I continued staying in bed...maybe it was the neighbors' doorbell that I heard instead. Then, the knocking on the door began.

Sleepy-eyed, and with crazy semi-brushed hair, I made my way downstairs. I opened the door and saw two young guys in suits holding copies of AWAKE in their hands. Jehovah's Witnesses at my apartment door at 10:00am on the day after Thanksgiving? Are you kidding me? They greeted me by saying, "Hi, we know you weren't expecting us..." Um...that's a no brainer....

Before they went into their little monologues, I said, "You guys are Jehovah's right? My friend is one. I'll take some of the magazines." And I sent them on their merry way.

I don't mind hearing about other religions, but trying to impose them on me at 10am? Are you crazy? I hope they're prepared for what they might get at my apartment complex--- rude replies and door slams... but not from me.

No comments: