Tuesday, January 30, 2007

exercise, schmexercise.....

Agh- haven't been to the gym in 2 weeks...and feel okay about it. My sister stopped going to the gym 3 months ago...she has since lost 10 pounds...she eats Mcdonald's [not all the time, but sometimes] and is not a "dieter." We sisters formed a theory...we think that people who exercise sometimes tend to overeat because they assume that they'll just burn off the extra calories...but maybe in reality, they are consuming way more than they are burning off.

So... I just haven't gone to the gym lately. I feel like I am at a plateau. I am always the same weight. I think I eat a healthy diet and refuse to count fat, calories, or do some tedious points system. I don't have unrealistic weight goals... I just want to get out of this too-big-for-size-10, too-small-for-size-12 pattern. It's annoying. I can never find pants for work. I was on a pants boycott for awhile but, come on, it's now winter. There's no way that I am wearing skirts to work.

The skinny women at my job annoy me. Not only are they skinny but they're so fashionable---hair, makeup, accessories, purses, shoes. I'm too lazy for that. Sometimes I feel like I am in some lame 1980s movie and the "popular girl clique" consists of my co-workers. I guess I just have to put my thoughts aside because in actuality, who really cares?

Might go to the gym tonight... I slightly miss it. It's fun to play my Ipod and jog. Sometimes I really get into a song and either "mouth" the lyrics or use minimal hand gestures that go in rhythm to the music. People who see me must think I am a bit loony.

Also- where is the snow? I'm not accustomed to these 5-day work weeks. I watch the weather channel so obsessively that one would think I am obsessed with meteorology.

2 comments:

Kat said...

Funny. I do want the storm. We are supposed to have some tonight. But who really knows.

mamalasky said...

In the same boat with you over the weight.. if i could just find the time to exercise, i could probably lose the weight.. but who has the time... there must be a magic pill out there that all the 'skinny' girls know about....