Saturday, January 06, 2007

getting back into the swing of things, kind of.

I am like an ansty little kid. If I don't "go out" [we're not talking clubbing or anything requiring strategic planning and dress codes], then I just stay inside and sleep. Case in point: last night, we were watching episodes of The Office. I went into the bedroom to "rest my eyes." Didn't wake up until 8 this morning. A wasted night.

Sleep has recently been interrupted by the constant sunshine/mild weather affecting the tristate area. Winter is not supposed to be like this. If I want to be lazy, I should be able to roll the covers over me, slightly adjust the shades, and go to sleep. Instead, I find myself waking up and feeling the need to put the A/C unit on. And sunlight seems to be constant.

I want cold air that makes my throat hurt when I breathe. I want mini snowflakes forming on my window panes.

65 degrees in January is so annoying.

Am trying to get back into the pattern of work again. Waking up at 5:30 is not for me. I wish I had to wear a uniform to work everyday. It would make the whole morning process much quicker. I know people that have to wear uniforms to work tend to say the exact opposite: they want to wear their own stuff, express themselves, blah blah blah. I just want to be able to sleep in a little more.

Plus, if there was a dress code, I wouldn't [possibly] have to hear the "clackers" walking down the hallway every morning. Their heels are so high; there's this click-clack sound pattern you hear when they're walking around the halls. We're on our feet all day at work- why would you wear high heels? Masochists.

No comments: