Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Smell of Rain

I walked out of the school building today and could smell it in the air----rain. For some reason, I love the smell of the air right before it rains. It's the smell of damp asphalt combined with the impending rain---so I guess if I lived in an ultra rural place, I wouldn't necessarily get the same "high" before it rains.

Dribs and drabs of rain hit my windshield on the way home...nothing too monumental.

While turning into the parking lot of the apartment complex, I saw some of the cherryblossoms slowly drifting down from the trees. At least I think they're cherryblossoms.

At this time of year, I purposely park under the trees so that when I drive off and leave for work in the morning, petals quickly fly off my windshield.

This kind of weather actually makes me smile.

1 comment:

sunshine said...

Hi!
I actually love the smell of rain myself as well as when you walk past someone's house who is using the dryer with those scented dryer sheets. Odd ... but those are two of my favorite scents. Nice to know that someone else appreciates it as well. Oh yeah... fresh baked chocolate chip cookies! Yum!