Tuesday, August 01, 2006

"Hot, hot, hot!"

Today's weather reminds me of two things:

1] that stupid Buster Poindexter song "Hot, Hot, Hot!" When I was growing up, Wawa had this huge ad campaign featuring that song: "Get to Wawa when you're hot, hot , hot." I even remember these horrible neon green Wawa hats being given out for free at the county fair, all to advertise "Hot, hot, hot" and how Wawa was just that.

2] John's parents' neighbors' little boy, Matthew. He used to say the phrase "hot, hot, hot" in this fassssssssst but soft voice..the statement didn't have to be said during hot weather or anything; he just said it all the time. It was adorable. John and I now say the phrase frequently...and again, it is never said in relation to anything particular...

This weather is gross...

Tonight I am finishing my paper and I am doing it "old skool" style by going to the library for their awesome industrial air conditioning. The A/C at the library was actually my first motivation for reading during the summerwhen I was younger...I'd ride my bike about a mile, reach the library, and stay there allllll afternoon....

No comments: