Monday, August 28, 2006

My 2 vices in life...

With the exception of being a 26-year-old nail biter [it's a horrible habit, I know...but at least I am not a coke addict or anorexic or something more serious...my mom and grandma always used to say, "You'll never have a boyfriend with nails like those..." And did I ever hear a boyfriend complain about my nail length?? Um... nope...], there are two vices that I have in my life. Actually, I don't even know if they would be considered vices, but they are two things that I absolutely love.

1) Tabloids!
Ok, I never purchase tabloids because I am ultimately against what they stand for. For instance, poor Lark Voorhies [Lisa Turtle from Saved by the Bell] was accused of being a cocaine addict. I don't think she really is...the girl is a Jehovah's Witness!!! Tabloids perpetuate false stories...and more false stories are created because people buy the tabloids and "want more!" Ok, so I am "ethically" against tabloids... However, I am a huge fan of fiction and creative writing---and tabloids fit into that category! From an entertainment standpoint, i love tabloids... Also, I've always managed to know someone in my life who actually spends their money on that garbage. After they finish reading the magazines, they pass them on to me. I read them, get entertained, but can sleep safely at night knowing that I have not [monetarily] contributed to the tabloids. I know reading them is almost comparable to buying them though...oh well.

Carol is my current neighbor--- she is unemployed [she got fired from the foodstore for taking "unauthorized" deli cuts during her shift]. I have to hear her and her husband fighting all the time.... midnight...7am...any time is yelling time. The only redeeming fact about our neighbor relationship is that she is my source for free Star and National Enquirer magazines. Who knows; maybe she even knows that I can hear her and her husband yelling. The tabloids are like my "keep quiet/don't call the police on us even though there could be domestic abuse charges filed" bribe.

I am totally all over the Jon Benet Ramsey case. Even though John Mark Karr has been "cleared," he still could have had involvement. Just because his DNA isn't at the murder site does not mean he wasn't involved. No matter what the truth is, this is clearly one f-ed up individual. And of course as a crazy individual, Karr fascinates me. What a weirdo... supposedly, his family has sold rights to make a movie and book in the near future... I'd see the movie... I love MOWs.... movies of the week....

I'm also interested in the Britney Spears pregnancy. The photos from Harper's Bazaar's most recent issue....wow! I give her credit. And I actually think the photos are quite well-done...although her hair looks tacky when it is dyed black....

2] My second vice: hurricane/tornado/bad weather coverage
I'm addicted to it--- weather coverage! It doesn't even have to be detrimental weather, general weather coverage interests me. Channel 61: Know before you go! Fox Five's weather on the fives. Mike Woods. Storm Fields. Dave Price. Al Roker [he does weather, I think]. I just love watching weather forecasts. Despite all of the time that I put into watching weather coverage, I still don't understand the difference between fronts, barometric pressure, etc.

Ok, it isn't like I am a bad person but... I am interested in the coverage of Ernesto...and if it hits land, I will be watching the TV. I know that's horrible... because if it makes landfall, people will be injured or even killed. But the perils of nature are fascinating.

I love hail too...there hasn't been a hail storm in so long. I remember when I was a little kid. I ran outside during a hail storm and collected hail in a plastic tumbler. I proceeded to put the tumbler into the freezer; it remained there for months. Stupidest idea ever. What I was trying to do or accomplish, I have no idea.

Crossing my fingers for a hailstorm....during the schoolday so I can get the little brats to be quiet and we can all enjoy the splendor of pounding hail :)

No comments: