Friday, September 01, 2006

Scatterbrained

I don't know if this scatterbrained state is coming from nervousness/annoyance over going back to school or from the crazy state of our apartment...either way, within the past week I have lost:

1] the cordless phone--- I tried paging the phone and could hear it beeping in the living room... but I couldn't find the phone. The battery finally died and the finding-by-beep method was no longer available. The phone has been lost for a week- how something could be lost for one week within a 2 bedroom apartment, I don't know.

2] my FAVORITE earring... They were hook earrings. I should have put the stupid plastic fastener on the back, but ...just didn't. I lost one of the earrings on Monday. Later in the day, I even drove back to the last shopping plaza I had been to and searched the parking lot like a crazy person. The earring was still not found.

3] My car keys-- this happened today. I went out to my car to get something and then later on, when I went to the gym, the keys were nowhere to be found...thank goodness for the spares.

GOOD NEWS...and my new mantra...
"When something is lost, seek it within the depth of the couch."

Not under the couch...not even under the couch cushions...but deep within the far right hand side of the couch...I dug and dug...found the phone and my car keys! Within this deep side pocket of the couch, I also found a lime green Crayola marker and a ruler...SCORE! As if I need any stationary supplies. If the world was ending and we all were seeking shelter somewhere else and people were designated to bring certain things with them, I would be Stationary Girl.

Anyway, the point of my endless blabbering is this: I've heard that if you have a cluttered apartment or room, that it creates clutter in your life. This is definitely true with me. My cluttered apartment has created cluttered intervals of time... walking around the apartment in circles, looking in the craziest spots for missing things. Example: I looked in the fridge for my car keys-- who knows? Maybe the keys were in my hand and I went into the fridge to get a piece of fruit and left the keys in the fridge.

Ok, I detest inspirational/motivational quotes mumbe-jumbo. However, since I am amidst the realization of my clutter-problem, I figured looking at some cheesy quotations might help me de-clutter...

"Clutter drains your energy - and you don't realize it till it's gone. Every item in your home has an energy to it. When items go a long time unused, unloved and uncared for, they become stuck, stagnant energy that actually physically drains you of your energy." ---- Ariane Benefit

No comments: