Sunday, September 10, 2006

"Ah ah ah ah ah, I know this much is true"

My neighbors are spazzes. They BLASTED Spandau Ballet's "True" at least 3x this morning. Then, they proceeded to begin hammering things in their apartment. I never knew that Spandau Ballet could inspire home repair/maintenance activities.

I don't know what is more odd: the fact that my neighbors are psyched about Spandau Ballet's "True" [I think I heard loud, enthusiastic singing too] or the fact that I know the actual name of an 80s one-hit wonder band.

Maybe their triple threat of "True" was provoked by John and I singing the Mr. Belvedere themesong last night. I went to Youtube, THE visual popculture bible, and found a video of the themesong. We also decided to be a little more contemporary, so we listened to Panic at the Disco's "I Write the Sins, Not the Tragedies" several times.

Yep, we're hipsters... haha.

I always tell John that the photos of him as a kid bear a striking resemblance to the kid that played Wesley on Mr. Belvedere. Wesley is such an odd name-- never in my life have I known someone with that name.

Off to attempt a productive Sunday... is that an oxymoron?

No comments: