Wednesday, October 04, 2006

80s diversions

I have a book review essay to write... it's due Wednesday. I "should" [if I was standing in front of you, I'd be using the finger quotation marks too!] take my time and completely work on the review during this weekend, thus making next week less stressful.

Friday, we're going to see Frankie Goes to Englewood play at a local bar. Worst name ever for a band? Close to it. I plan on wearing as many earrings as I can -- kind of an 80s look, I guess. Remember Jane Child with the nose-to-ear jewelry?
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I've already re-pierced my 2nd earhole; it wasn't too difficult. I must have pliable flesh. Lovely.

I also plan on sporting my jeans which feature the authentic hole-in-the-knee. I was slightly intoxicated at a concert and fell on concrete, on my knees. I least my jeans look cooler now...

Saturday is lovey-dovey day. John and I have vowed to no longer have Qdoba, Moe's, or Baja Fresh for mid-afternoon lunches. The huge meals incapacitate us for the rest of the day: we lie around like beached whales or manatees.

Sunday we might go to Great Adventure. FrightFest is cheesy but I get scared so easily. John enjoys hearing me shriek when some ridiculously dressed "monster" jumps out from behind a random haystack.

I like how things have been lately, in terms of "getting out" and being social. Damn- it only took 26 years for me to act like a normal human and go out and have fun. These times are much better than years ago...I'd come home from work on a Friday afternoon, have chicken soup and tons of bread [carbs= happiness? I don't know- but it seemed to be my theory at the time], and go to sleep at 9:00...

Onward and upward, with the low-carb life diet.

No comments: