Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Trembling Blue Stars...and exercise

Felt like listening to a CD...an actual, REAL CD...and not just some digital mix of songs. Actually, despite Itunes and all of the music available online, I still prefer buying CDs; there's something exciting about holding a CD in your hand and discovering the liner notes and inside cover art. Anyway, I went through my CD collection and came upon Trembling Blue Stars' album, Broken by Whispers. Don't know if I have ever listened to the CD straight through, but, damn, what a good name for a band!

Went to the gym tonight. Argh, this blog is becoming "The Exercise Files." Told myself I'd run a mile. It's not like I haven't completed that feat before but during vacation, I was LAZY as could be. I also consumed many soft "Philly-style" pretzels, funnelcakes, pizza, etc. So lately I've been getting back into the gym routine. I go after my night class--get to the gym around 9PM. I find that I exercise REALLY well at that time of day.

Anyway, I huffed, puffed, and probably mouthed a few curse words, but made it through my mile. My legs now have that jellyish feeling running through them. I think that might be a good thing.

Interesting thing about the 9PM timeslot at the gym. There's this other guy who comes in nightly, at the same time as me...or around the same time. He's in his 30s, I guess---I've never been good at the age guessing game. He intrigues me because he looks like a gentle soul: dark hair, dark eyes, calm face. He wears a tshirt tucked into his jogging shorts or sweatpants. I find that odd. I don't know... it just seems to be such a put-together ensemble for the gym. He also wears black sneakers. I've always seen black sneakers as "dorky." Anyway, the fact that we seem to follow the same time routine and even exercise routine (treadmill/elliptical) just intrigues me. I wonder if he eats dinner at 5:00 and before going to the gym pops in a few TV shows on DVD. Just wondering. He looks like he would be named something like Mel. I don't know why. Or maybe James. But a lot of people probably look like they could be named James.

No comments: