Saturday, August 04, 2007

Ink on the hand



I remember when I was a kid that if you had something written on your hand, adults would bombard you with what I now believe to be urban legend-esque types of responses. The most popular one was that if you wrote on your hand, the ink would seep into your skin and "bad things" would happen.

After having written countless reminders on my hands for years, I now deem the whole ink-seeping-into-hand-and-wreaking-havoc stories to be bullshit :)

On my left hand, I've written the word "PAPER." I have to keep reminding myself to finish my paper for my summer class. We have to email it to the professor by noon tomorrow. I'm such an idiot... I was working on the paper here and there, a little bit each day this week. Did nothing on it yesterday. Now it's Saturday and I have one lesson plan left [it's a unit plan paper/project thang]. It just seems stupid to nearly finish the assignment and then...stop. I'm the same way with other tasks. Take running, instance....um, in my case we will use the word "jogging." I'll jog like a [SLOW] maniac and then toward the end of my goal, I will completely slow down...the direct opposite of what you should do. I'm always like that with things...do tons of stuff in the beginning and then complete the task at a snail's pace. Personality quirk, I suppose.

I want to try to drive down to the beach tomorrow morning so I guess I should hurry up with this paper. At the rate of how much I am in the sun, I will look like Magda from There's Something about Mary in no time. When I saw that movie for the first time, I thought it was so funny. It loses its appeal, exponentially, upon later viewings. I hate when that happens.

1 comment:

DrDana said...

Ooh, I remember this. I even got grounded once for writing on my hand, even though I was told specifically not to. Why, I wonder, was that such a big deal? And should I start again -- would it help me to remember things?