Tuesday, August 28, 2007

No time, there's never any time

Quick pop-culture question. Who uttered these "famous" lines:
" No time/ There's never any time!/ I don't have time to study/ I''ll never get into Stanford/
I'll let everyone down/ I'm so confused."

An even bigger hint is here:


Damn, I love Saved by the Bell. I feel so bad for kids today. They don't have any fun, cheesy "teen" shows to watch. All that's on now is Laguna Beach, My Sweet 16, and other crap.

It's getting down to the end of summer now. One week left until we have our in-service days. 2 in-service days and then the kids come back on Thursday and Friday. Just ordered a bunch of cheesy (but only semi-cheesy) posters and bookmarks online. Am beginning to update my course outline and get other teaching materials ready.

I would never complain about not having enough time-- 2 months+ seems "sufficient." I just feel like I didn't get that much done this summer. I guess that's kind of the point of summer, relaxing and having a good time. I did work a little bit and took a summer class, so I guess that is accomplishment of some sort. I just can't believe that this time next week I will have to wake up early and get back into the whole Monday-Friday grind.

So I guess what I'm saying is that in times like these, I sometimes do "connect" with SBTB's Jessie Spano... even with the whole caffeine addiction thing. I'm not a coffee drinker so in the mornings I sometimes "rev" up with caffeine pills... A lame addiction indeed. This summer, however, I was classy and got into drinking Red Bull... I'll have to stock up for next week.

No comments: