Saturday, January 07, 2012

irony

Went into JC Pennys tonight...steered quickly past the sexy lingerie and veered in self-deprecation territory, otherwise known as flannel PJ sets area. I didn't end up buying anything, but did have quite a laugh at a pajama set that I saw.

There was a book-themed PJ set, sized 1x. Size 1x is approximately the size I "could" be if I don't stop shoving food into my mouth sometime soon. Size 1x makes one eligible to shop at stores such as Lane Bryant, Fashion to Figure, and Avenue... One could even shop at Torrid, if she's a fat goth....

Anyway, the 1x PJ pants featured books and the matching shirt proclaimed: Don't Judge A Book By It's Movie. Yes, "it's," which translates to: Don't Judge A Book By It Is Movie. I should have looked to see if the set was made in the United States or not--although that would not necessarily have made the grammar mistake not appear anyway--Americans suck at basic grammar.

The funny thing about the PJ set was the saying was supposed to be witty. I imagine an overweight woman sitting at home on a Saturday night. The Netflix DVD of Water For Elephants rests on her nightstand, but she feels proud of herself for committing to first read the book before watching the film. A cup of Celestial Seasonings tea is near the DVD, probably some odd flavor like Acai Mango Zinger. She smiles after reading the wise quotation on the bottom of the tea box. Her cats surround her body on the bed, taking advantage of the warmth of her fat. She reads quietly, feeling righteous for her intellectual ways...

when the entire time she is wearing a shirt with incorrect grammar...

It just makes me laugh... and roll my eyes...simultaneously.

:)

No comments: