Monday, January 16, 2012

Verge of a cold

I can't blame anyone except my stubborn self. I'm the one who gallivants outside with a hooded sweatshirt, Uggs slipper "shoes," and a scarf--assuming that that combination of clothing will be suitable for 18 degree weather.

I woke up this morning, tired (normal) and feeling weak (less normal). My throat is scratchy and my lips have become simultaneously chapped and enlarged---not a sexy combination. I basically stayed in all day, sleeping, reading, and drinking white tea. White tea consists of tea, sugar, and an abundance of half and half. I had plans of going to the gym anyway, but succumbed to sleep.

I've also been eating large amounts of oranges and crossing my fingers that a magical vehicle will come to my door, bearing gifts of Won ton soup (in my mind, the "cure" for the common cold)....

No comments: