Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Feminism quotes...from a tshirt website, of all places!

www.northernsun.com- a very cool website. They have bumper stickers, tshirts, and all sorts of paraphernalia related to feminism, politics, the environment...and George Bush, among others.

There are a few quotes about feminism that I saw awhile ago on this site... I feel like an idiot for citing quotations from a tshirt website, however, I am sure that these quotes are floating around online on other "reputable" feminism sites...

"I have never been able to find out precisely what feminism is I only know that people call me a feminist whenever I express sentiments that differentiates me from a doormat."
---- Rebecca West, 1913.

"Feminism is the radical notion that women are people."
----Cheris Kramarae and Paula Treichler

"Well-behaved women seldom make history." ----Laurel Thatcher Ulrich


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And for everyone's amusement:

"Feminism encourages women to leave their husbands, kill their children, practice witchcraft, destroy capitalism and become lesbians." - Reverend Pat Robertson

1 comment:

tiffanyt said...

Thank you for finding & sharing those quotes! I especially liked Rebecca West's, and from 1913. Could still be written today?

Peace! bk