Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Thank you, John Parr!!!

I feel odd, having this post follow my post on morality. It just seems to be an odd arrangement of ideas. I can't get to sleep though...there is an explanation behind it.

Tonight, I went to the gym around 8:30. This is a ridiculous idea. Most people think, "Oh, the exercise will tire you out and you will get a good night's rest." WRONG. It energizes me and then i am up all night... luckily, this blog is here to keep me entertained.

Anyway, while I was jogging, I was thinking of Kate from Catalyst [how nerdy is that?] I was thinking of how she would run in the book, pound on the pavement, try to outrun the boys in the weight room... It actually helped my "workout."

It takes me about double the time of a normal person to run one mile... I work hard though...sweat dripping down my face, body staying at a consistent pace, breathing in and out, face turning crimson...

Sometimes I am propelled forward at a faster speed by certain songs. I haven't given in and bought an ipod...yet. I rely on the gym's "Cardio theatre." It's just odd how a certain song can affect my workout. John thinks it is funny. Sometimes I will suddenly start spastically running, just because a "good song" came on. One might say that if I had the ipod, I could ensure that "good songs" were on all the time--- thus, making all of my workouts awesome. I'm kind of lazy sometimes...maybe that's why I don't have the ipod...I don't want TONS of good music to motivate me TOO much.

Anyway... tonight "Man in Motion" [by John Parr...from the St. Elmo's Fire soundtrack] came on. That song always gets me moving...and it is so cheesy too!

A slice of "Man in Motion":
You're just a prisoner and you're tryin' to break free
I can see a new horizon underneath the blazin' sky
I'll be where the eagle's flying higher and higher
Gonna be your man in motion, all I need is a pair of wheels

I will list no more lyrics... 4 lines is enough.

Other songs that make me run faster...Cardio Theatre, I love you...

All American Rejects: "Swing Swing"
Semi-Sonic: "Singing in my Sleep" [ah, one hit wonders...]
Blur: "Song 2" [gotta love that title.... WOO HOO!]



No comments: