Saturday, July 15, 2006

Her name is Lola...she is a kitten....

I went "down the Shore" [I love how everyone "up here" uses that phrase for traveling to Jersey's beaches...why can't they just say, "I went to the beach"?] Thursday night through Friday night... spent time with my sister and went out to dinner with my Mom. Luckily, our dinner conversation flowed pretty well and I didn't have a headache by the end of the meal. But... the real "big event" of the weekend was my acquisition of a kitten.

I don't know what it is about animals in baby form- they're just so cute. Kittens, puppies, baby lemurs, baby naked mole rats, ...anything- they're so cute! Humans, on the other hand... I don't know, I don't think infants are cute.

Anyway, there is this overly enthusiastic animal lover in the office where my mother works... she found a litter of kittens in the woods... she was able to find homes for 3 of the 4 kittens... Lola remained. She [we "think" it is a she] has been living at Weichert Realtors in Lacey township for the past week. My mother's co-workers even gave the kitten her own office! My mother told me about the kitten and I just wanted to stop by and see it... well, I ended up driving home with it...

Lola [the name is another story] is black and white. She is predominantly black, with white on her feet and belly. Her face is white and black; black surrounding the eyes like an awesome superhero mask.

There are some challenges with the kitten...

1- My mom's coworkers named it Lola. I'd like to change the name but... at this point, I am unsure if the kitten is a female... I know that sounds completely bizarre...gender is usually obvious but she is a young kitten. No name change will take place until the gender is verified. I don't want to confuse the kitten.

2- FLASH is another challenge. Flash is my male cat, 4 years old....CRAZY and frisky. He pushes his paws through our door's mail slot and swipes his claws at the mailman. I think that this kitten will be good for Flash [companionship, comraderie, and all that]...but...he seems to have no interest in her...or him. If "Lola" is a him that could be bad too. I've read about that having 2 male cats is not a good idea.

But this kitten is SO cute... Now I definitely need to get rid of the arsenal of Fuji disposables and buy a digital camera... Lola? [or soon-to-be-other name] pics will eventually be here!!

No comments: