Sunday, December 18, 2011

Join the masses

Typically, my Sundays do not feature a huge list of errands to do. However, no matter how little I have to accomplish, crowds always seem to be part of the day.

Today I have to go food shopping at Costco (sheer madness--- John generally goes midweek--- to go food shopping on a Sunday is pure masochism). I have to finish Amy's Christmas gift, a photo album of tons of pictures of us. This requires me to go to Walmart or another "discount store" and use their photo machine. Places like that are PACKED today. Furthermore, the photo copy kiosks tend to get crowded around this time of the year. I have 10, maximum, photos to copy. Other people will be standing at the machine, printing out photos from the dawn of time. I also have to go to Michael's to get some minor crafting supplies for making ornaments.

None of the above tasks are particularly time-consuming, but the fact that the masses are out today is what makes the tasks significantly more miserable.

I have always said that it is not as if I am claustrophobic or anything, but I just really detest crowds. Guess it makes perfect sense that I continue to live my life in the nation's most densely populated state.....

No comments: