Sunday, December 11, 2011

Long haired guys

I guess I quite like long-haired men. One would never know it because every guy I have dated has had regular length hair, however, long hair usually is reserved for specific groups of men: earthy hippies and musicians...neither of which I have technically dated.

Clay Matthews. Gigantic beastly build with huge arms. That's not what gets me though. The long blonde hair. It's just awesome. I don't think I would "look good" with a guy that looked like Matthews, but I guess in the realm of fantasizing or "crushin' " that appearance compatibility does not matter.

Last night, we went to see Kyuss Lives. One of the opening bands was a doom metal band called Sword. I didn't like the music too much--- a bit too loud for my tastes (which translates into "please lower the thrashing guitars and increase the nice drum beat")---but I was entranced by the guitarist. I only realized he was the guitarist after Googling the band; last night, I was stuck as to whether he was the bassist or guitarist. I don't know the difference.

Anyway, the guitarist was tall and had a medium build. He had a SLIGHT paunch, but nothing too noticeable. Obviously, he is the type of guy who does not have to work out, but still keeps a fairly good build. His hair was long and blonde, flipping back and forth in front of his face as he played. I was awed by how the swaying hair did not break his concentration. I mean, if you're in the middle of playing doom metal, I guess strands of hair in your face do not affect you...but I was just all the more entranced.

After the band played, John asked what I thought of them. I replied, "Eh, they were ok, but the guitar player with the long hair was hot." He had no idea who I was talking about, despite the fact that ALL of the other band members had shoulder length and shorter hair. He was entranced by the music more than the musicians' looks:)

On the way to the parking garage, we actually saw the guitarist on the streets of Montclair. John complimented him on his band's performance and the guy nodded his head, acknowledging the praise. As he walked further away, John yelled down the street, "My wife thinks you're hot too!"

:)

No comments: