Thursday, December 22, 2011

Secret Santa Sucks

Every year, we have Secret Santa at work. This is the third year I have participated; it's also the third year that I have been disappointed with the final gift. All three years have ended with the final gift being a gift card. One year was a Kohl's card, the next was Barnes and Noble, and this year was Dunkin' Donuts. I filled out the Secret Santa likes/dislikes list pretty well---not too thoroughly to seem like a pain in the ass---but just enough information so that someone could have fun shopping for me. Each year, the activity ends in the same result: I get chocolates, gummi bears, FOOD, and a final gift card that says (in my mind), "You're a pain to shop for."

When I think about people shopping for me, I don't think I am that difficult of a person to shop for. I do have some quirks with clothing, but I do have some other terrain where there is utmost freedom. The quirks with clothing include a few things that I immensely dislike. I hate white anything. I dislike brand names being on the outer part of clothing. I only like pants that have pockets on the ass, work pants included. Pants sans ass pockets just make me feel like I look heavier. I also dislike pink, yellow, and anything light colored. Basically, I am an insecure emo kid.

My likes are fun though---wacky earrings ---I'll wear anything on my ears... Any scarf will suffice too. Scarves and earrings of any kind...that's a broad range of things.

And I end up with the Dunkin Donuts card... Agh. I spend time for Secret Santa, composing "clue poems" and making sure to buy actual gifts... and in return, end up with someone basically saying, "Hey, go get yourself some coffee and doughnuts."

Also... the lamest part...this year's Secret Santa was the vice-principal...

No comments: