Sunday, December 04, 2011

Livestrong

I spazzed out at John yesterday. The onslaught of words went something like this : "Yeah, I know I gained weight and I'll never be a smaller weight. And your whole family always says, 'John, you look great,' but you're a 32 year old majoring in Exercise Science so of course you will strive to look your best. Your cousin is healthy and is a marathon runner, but that's only because she is a former drug addict and needs something new to get addicted to."

Kind of a stream of consciousness....

I affirmed that I eat healthy, but eat huge portions. I also said that since I have felt crummy lately, I have basically taken healthy things and desecrated them by adding butter and sugar and/or cooking with copious amounts of canola oil.

We went onto the livestrong website and tracked my eating for the past two days. Breakfast and lunch were fine, but dinner was the bulk of my daily caloric intake. Dinner also featured large amounts of carbs. Fat intake was high, but mainly due to uncontrolled amounts of almonds.

John mapped out a food plan for me that makes it so I have more frequent snacks in the mid-day, thus (hopefully) off-setting my crazy night meals.

Today is day one. I have stuck to the breakfast meal plan. I'm even trying coffee without sugar.....

We'll see.

No comments: